Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of medicine in the world. Originating in China more than 4,000 years ago, acupuncture is currently one of the most widely researched, practiced, and respected forms of complementary medicine in the U.S.
According to acupuncture philosophy, your overall health is determined by the quality of the Qi (energy) flow through the natural pathways of your body. Acupuncture uses a variety of techniques, including placing very thin sterile needles into specific points on the body, to balance, stimulate, and improve your Qi flow.
The many benefits of this type of therapy include:
- Pain reduction
- Relaxation of body and mind
- Stress and tension relief
- Increased blood circulation
- Increased energy levels
- Aids with digestion and toxin removal
- Improved internal organ function
- Relief from bad habits and addiction
- Greater sense of overall well being